Friday, November 7, 2008

Avery's quote of the day

Avery has now gotten the aforementioned cold and when I went to her up from my in laws house this morning to take her to school, I realized she was running a slight fever. I told her that she wouldn't be going to school today because we didn't want the other kids to get sick. She was DEVASTATED!!! I couldn't understand why so,

I said, "Honey, why are you so upset? You know that you can't go to school when your sick!"
She said, "Mommy, I am the line leader today and all of those kids will not be able to go to recess if I'm not there! They will be so sad at me!!!!"

I have been drilled lately by her about when I met all of our friends, what our wedding was like etc. and this really just drilled home that kids truly have no concept of life without them. She then asks "where was I at your wedding?" or "where did I live while you were at college?" I simply say "You were a sparkle in my eye", somehow it works!

I bet most of us who are parents can't really imagine our lives without them either!

No comments: