Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Baby is 3!









It is so hard for me to believe that my baby is 3! Every time I look in his dark blue eyes, I am reminded of how perfect God's timing is.
I have marveled at this before so, I will keep it short. After trying for a long time to have Avery, we didn't think that we could or would be having another any time soon. Then, just after her 1st birthday we found out that we were having another. When I shared the news and shock with my mom, she explained that even though I thought I had learned that it was all in God's timing, I apparently had not, due to the fact that I was so overwhelmed and confused on how exactly this had happened!
Jake is a sweet, loving, emotional guy who loves nothing in the world more than Avery, cars and trucks. He lets me see what Mike must have been like as a little boy (because they are so alike) and that is a wonderful treat for a wife to see. He looks at me like I hung the moon just for him (nothing is better than when he gently rubs my face and says "Mommy, you are so pretty!"). He absolutely adores Avery and will do whatever it takes to protect her. (I am not stretching here, he really does protect her and it is the sweetest thing I have ever experienced). He is generally quiet (content to let Avery have the spot light) kind, and funny. We have been truly blessed!
Happy Birthday, Jake-y! We love you!
Looking back, I am so thankful for God know exactly what we needed. Our family is so perfect for us right now, and who knows what is in store for us.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super sweet! i heart this post!