Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A long week

We have all had a long week this week. Mike has been out of town all week in sunny California for work and while I am sure that the warmth and sunshine feel good, I know that he really misses us! Thank Goodness! haha!

We have really tried to have a good week, but the kids miss their daddy, Jake has no paci, mommy has a cold and no one is sleeping really well.. Ugh!!!!

I don't know why everytime Mike leaves town, I get something...sinus infection, the flu, something. For those of you who have a husband who travels some you know that when daddy's away we, as mommy's, have to step up the fun factor. We have to do something to take their minds off of the fact that at 5:30, it is still only mommy. I have not been able to do that this week. Sorry kids!

I did make a promise to Avery that if she was a great listener and went to sleep like a big girl all week that she could have a surprise today. She has been REALLY good (she loves to take care of me when I am sick, that must come from Aunt Julz or maybe Mamaw) so she got a scooter today and she loves it!

Jake has done pretty well without his paci, except at bedtime, so for that I am thankful. I will be very happy when he starts sleeping through the night again though! Whew, I am tired! On a better note, he got his "big ole band aid" off this week and is starting to use his hand more everyday! So far, we are think we are not going to have any physical therapy or surgery! Thank You God!

That is about all for us this week, I hope yours has been great!

No comments: