Friday, April 4, 2008

I am Thankful

I am feeling especially thankful today. Nothing special happened today, no special phone calls, no unexpected checks came in the mail, no breakfast in bed, just a regular day at home with the kiddos. It started out as all mornings do with Jake calling "Mommy!!!" We cuddled for a 1/2 hour and started our day. Avery told she loves me, and we all came down for our "fuel". Coffee for me, milk for them. We have been cleaning while watching the Bee movie. Nothing special.

I am just thankful for being able to be home with the kids.

Hearing Avery's excitement as she says
"Mommy, LOOK! All the water Jesus has been sending to the flowers is working! They have big green leaves on them and will be growing flowers soon!"

Being able to blow her nose for the 700th time this morning, cuddle her when she is sad and teach her how to clean the baseboards. (No laughing! I was actually cleaning the baseboards, and she wanted to help!)

Hearing Jake sing "Happy Birthday to Jakey" and tell me its his birthday(its not!). And watching him watch in awe as the bee's on the TV swirled around in front of him.

Nothing Special. Everything I signed up for when I quit work to stay at home!

I am so thankful that I am able to be here for those little moments that are so easily missed and most often taken for granted.

I am so thankful for my husband who is encouraging, thoughtful and supportive of me.

I am thankful for my family. I have the best family a girl could ever ask for. My parents, in-laws, brother and sister and their families, aunts and uncles... No drama or fighting (ok maybe a little :) ). Close friendships and lots of love and laughter!

I am thankful for my friends. They are a constant source of entertainment!

I am thankful for God blessing me and my family so much!

Enough already.. I know. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You said "nothing special" happened... but the sweet thing is... ALL those things are special :) and YOU are special!

I love you!

The Oppold Family: said...

Heather,
Thanks for your prayers and sweet words. We are also thankful that God is still at work even when are hearts are torn into pieces. There is so much we've been given!