Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Break Begins!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of preschool for my kiddos and I am sad! We love their classes, friends and teachers and I know that we will miss everyone very much. Jake has really taken to his classmates and we didn't know how long that would take. It was a rough couple of months in the beginning. Avery has learned ALOT from her friends, not all good, but nonetheless, she does like them and will be asking about them daily! Notice I did not mention the fact that my time alone is gone for the next three months-- that has nothing to do with my sadness ;).

We are going to try to stay busy and have lots of fun this summer. Here are some of my goals:

Start a "chore/responsibility chart" for the kids. We need to reinforce our expectations. With Jake just learning them, the door is open for Avery to test them.

Practice writing with Avery. She has really come a long way in the past few months and she loves to "show off" her new talent.

Potty train Jake. He is not at all interested, so we will see how that goes. I won't push him too much.

Go to the zoo @ least 2x a month. We have to make use of our zoo pass right? Plus, its nice to visit our extended family! Hahaha! (you can decide for yourself which side they are on)

Stick to my yard work. Mike gives me a hard time about being strong out of the gate, but not much for stamina, so I want to work on that.

Feel free to check in on my progress, I sometimes need a thump on the head to remember all of the things I wanted to do.

PS. Larry came out of surgery well and should come home tomorrow.

PSS. We had our last MOPS meeting last night, and to any of you who may see this, I will miss you this summer and had a great time over the past few months. It was great to meet you all! It is really encouraging to know that there are so many other moms out there just doing the best they can to raise good, god fearing,well balanced children in this crazy unbalanced world we are in! See you in the fall!

No comments: